Tuesday, December 06, 2005

the big call

My grandfather woke up from a medication induced coma this morning totally coherent. The first thing he did was ask when Nadine and I were coming. So once again my little sister and I will bundle up our five kids and drive her 1988 ford aerostar van thru the frosen prairie to face the deaath of a close realtive. this time it is worse because the man who loved and care for us a father, will be tiny and weak in his bed. and Appreetnly he is takling about Jesus alot so I don't have clue what it is going to be like.

Having him die will make Nadine and I so much more alone in the world but at the the very least we really have each other. There aren't very many people who have someone so close to them to go thru the difficulties of being an adult woman with. I feel like we both know that at the very least we have each other even if we don't really have parents.

I love her so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home